Follow these tips to find the best place to put your wind harp for the best sound:
- The optimal location for your wind harp is ultimately in a location that has a natural exposure to seasonal winds and can be easily seen and enjoyed.
- Characteristics of an perfect wind harp site:
- A location that has access to a steady even breeze; this is typically a open space.
- Optimal wind speed for the wind harp is 8-15 mph. It is unrealistic to expect the wind harp to sing all the time because wind patterns are constantly dynamic and changing no matter where you may choose the site.
- Somewhere that does not have loud competing ambient noise such as highway traffic or heavy machinery.
- A location that has a slight rise in elevation above the surrounding area to provide greater access to available breezes, like a deck or balcony.
Public wind harps make wonderful additions to the following places and more:
- Meditation Gardens
- Public Gardens
- Retirement Communities
- Destination Eco Resorts
- Memorial Gardens
Interested in Your Own?
Here's how to get started.
- View some of our harps in public and private locations for ideas and examples of what we've done in the past.
- Shop our current inventory of wind harps to see if there's something you like and will be appropriate for you.